Guide To Internet Security
Internet security which is vital for an enjoyable online casino experience isn’t just one thing, and there isn’t a single solution that will protect you. Rather, good computer security is comprised of a handful of techniques combined with diligence on your part regarding the websites you visit and programs you download. The following are some of the most important things you need to be aware of when playing casino games online to keep your computer safe.
- In this article you will find
- Encryption and Privacy
- Anti-Virus Protection
- Online Casino Internet Security
Encryption and Privacy
- Make sure all casino websites you visit process payments via SSL (secure socket layer). This will encrypt your data as you send it over the internet so it can’t be intercepted by a third party.
- Make sure the website for depositing or withdrawal starts with https://, this means it is being processed securely.
- In addition to SSL, a newer method called TSL may be used by some casino operators, this also ensures proper encryption.
- Make sure you have a good anti-virus program running in the background at all times. This will scan your computer for any incoming virus or malware.
- Windows Defender is a built in anti-virus program on all Windows system from Vista to Windows 8. Make sure it is turned on by default.
- In addition to anti-virus use a firewall to make sure any unauthorized requests are being sent to your computer by hackers.
Online Casino Internet Security
While the above two important factors in internet security are things you need to do or look out for, online casinos also have their own methods of ensuring a safe betting experience for their customers.
- Clear data policy: Online casinos should state their policy regarding your personal data. They should never sell your contact information to marketers. They should always keep your payment information encrypted.
- Use of ticket system to handle email support: Online casinos should either use an internal messaging system located on their website, or communicate via a ticket system that tracks all of your support messages. This system prevents phishing scams where hackers pretend to be the online casino in order to get your login or banking details.
While the above is just an introduction to good security practices regarding online casinos the most important weapon in your internet security arsenal is you! If an online casino looks like a scam, chances are that it is. Always look for reliable contact information and make sure the casino is licensed by a reputable jurisdiction, as all of our recommended casinos are before signing up and making a deposit. With a bit of street smart you’ll enjoy internet gaming while staying safe online.